- How long will it take to get a monument installed?
- The time from date of purchase to date of install can range from six weeks to four months depending on size, color, shape and design selected.
- How much do monuments cost?
- Monuments can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand depending on the size, shape and color of the stone.
- What kind of designs are available to put on a monument?
- GMW has a variety of standard designs available to choose from. Our standard designs are included in the cost of the memorial. Custom stencils are available for an additional $125.00 (i.e. signature, hand-drawn photo, logo, photo from the internet etc.). Custom designed memorials will be an additional $300.00.
- What about monument shapes?
- The shape of a monument can increase the personalization and beauty of the overall design of a monument. We can cut any shape desired, but remember that cutting granite can be costly. With a uniquely cut stone, both costs and production time are likely to increase. Gifford Monument encourages the family to be creative and allow them to design a monument that is special to them. Keep in mind that the least costly creativity is accomplished with sandblast carving and special lettering on the fronts of monuments and tops of markers.
A grave marker can be exquisite with only names and dates. The lettering on a monument or marker is what makes it a memorial.
- Are there any additional charges to the monument price?
- Our prices include the engraving of a standard design on the front of a monument and installation on a concrete foundation. Engraving on back, laser designs, ceramic photos, custom design fees and additional cemetery setting fees will be added to the cost of the memorial.